Thursday, December 25, 2008

Weight Loss Update.

This morning I weighed in and lost two pounds from last week. I was pleased with the loss! I am pretty psyched to work on my little goal for January 1st. 

Today was a very moderate day. We ate dinner at our friends' house and I enjoyed some of what they served but I did not get the uncomfortable "holiday fullness". I also enjoyed dessert and some tasty drinks. Not a big deal. Not insane eating either. I am pretty content with how I behaved around the dinner and feel like I approached it in a relaxed and balanced way. No binge, no starving. 

I am pretty tired. I put in about two hours of shoveling yesterday and three today. We got some snow last night that caused us to have to work it even on Christmas. I am physically getting pretty exhausted from the whole situation. I am amazed at how my body is adapting to what I am asking from it. I thought after my first four-and-a-half-death-shovel that I would be done for at least a week but I have just kept going. I am satisfied that I am doing a good job substituting my lack of gym visits (can't get there because of the billion ton snow pile up) and keeping up the activity level. 

Goodnight!