Tonight is a strange one. I am feeling really good, and was able to just push through the night eating monster. The struggle has been a long, long, long one, and I have gotten pretty fucking tired of even talking about it. I sometimes wonder if the night eating thing is all in my head, physiological, or a combination of both. Okay. That covers all of the posts that kind of explain it (haha).
Anyway. Tonight is rolling to an end, and for dinner I had an amazing tuna sandwich (with fresh basil, onion, mayo, and pickle relish mixed in)... We are in the middle of painting the kitchen, so I made something that wouldn't be labor intensive. I had planned to eat some chips, and an orange. The orange was gross, and the chips were average- the sandwich was SO GOOD that I just stopped. Done. Now a couple of hours later I am still done, and not hungry.
It feels kind of good for it to be so easy tonight. I almost want to dance around (if I wasn't so sore I would)!
The couples therapist that we see has challenged me to let my husband deal with his own messes... he is currently dealing with some of his mess, and he is pretty agitated. Although I am miserable right now, I am hoping that over time he will learn to deal with all of it by himself. I have become a person of action, and it is hard to live with someone who avoids anything uncomfortable at all costs. He is in the kitchen right now- the dogs are going crazy with excitement tonight because his brother is here. In the past he has not enforced the rules with the dogs (as in jumping on people, and climbing on them when they are sitting down), and being that I cannot be around every second of every day. Now they go nuts with excitement, and they are trying to climb the brother inlaw (haha that is funny in a terrible way)!
Maybe letting him deal with consequences will be fun...