Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The 320's are killing me!

Lingering in the 320's for the last three weeks (soon to be four) is getting to me... what is it about this stage that is tripping me up? I know I am not going to be losing tons of weight every week, all the time but I would like to get through this stage sooner than later...

So, I am making a goal to get to 319 by the new year. It would just make me feel better. Sometimes it is just about numbers... But most of the time it is about more. 

Now, I know that might be a lot to set for a goal but I have done it before and I can do it again. I also will make the disclaimer that if I don't make it, I won't let it ruin my progress. I just need a little push...



DID YOU THINK I WAS GOING TO POST WITHOUT MENTIONING THE MUTHERFUCKINGSNOWSHOVELINGEXTRAVAGANZA?

NO! Today, I did 1.5 hours of hellish business. When I talk about snow shoveling- I am not referring to frolicking in the snow. I am talking about moving tons of snow into large banks, cutting banks back and relocating them, pulling snow off of the roof in huge chunks and then moving it into banks and clearing our enormous driveway. Stages of Change referred to me as a Cyborg (or Cyclops) and I might have to agree. I feel pretty powerful right now. I might be fucked up from lactic acid or wondering if I have sudden onset arthritis in my hands and wrists but I have kicking some snow ass! Seriously.

I am burning a ton of calories and working some muscles besides the usual (the ones I use on the elliptical). I am also pushing myself to some new limits, without hurting myself and it is making me feel good (and pretty fucking bitter because the snow won't stop coming). 

Tomorrow's level of fun is going to increase when we clear the roof and separate garage of more than three feet of snow accumulation. It is not as simple as just pushing the snow off the roof because once that is done the white, fluffy stuff has to be moved again.  I just cannot tell you how much snow we are facing tomorrow. More snow is on the way and it is going to be the heavier kind that comes with higher temperatures (yeah, high like 25-30 degrees). There is a lot of concern for those with roofs that aren't at a sharp angle and that are older because the weight can cause them to buckle or collapse. 

My eating is going okay. I am having trouble preparing/making meals after I shovel and also having trouble focusing on good, wholesome foods. I have tapered off in my fruit and veggie consumption in the last two days. I am going to try to turn that around tomorrow. 

The food changes and weight loss never seems to become second nature. There are always changes and challenges and small adjustments that take place to keep things going in the right direction. I feel that it is pretty all-consuming right now. I am not down about it but feel like I always have to be on my toes, watching and being aware of what I am doing. Just a reflection.

Nighty Night!